NYC Bar Home
Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Tax Counsel – MetLife Law Department
New York, NY 10036 United States
In this roll you will review and advise lines of business on the development, marketing and tax compliance of life insurance products; work with lines of business on life insurance tax, estate and business planning concepts; partner with Government Relations in addressing legislative and regulatory life insurance tax issues; and work on mergers/acquisition transactions.
1) Tax qualification and administration of life insurance contracts.
2) Income and Estate Tax treatment of life insurance contracts.
3) Uses of life insurance in tax, estate and business planning.
4) Development, marketing and sales review of life insurance products.
5) Life insurance used with pensions, deferred compensation, trusts, buy-sell agreements, and split-dollar plans.
Education, training, experience:
1) Experience at law firm or insurance/financial services company working on insurance product tax matters.
2) Candidate should either have an LL.M. in tax or be currently enrolled in program.
3) A life insurance tax background is a plus.
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Terms & Conditions